Fortune 500 Global financial services firm looks for a dynamic Accounting Director. This position is highly visible, and provides an outstanding benefits package, including: Pension and profit sharing plan, 401k with match, full medical and dental, tuition reimbursement, and a quality of life work environment.
The Director of Accounting Research will plan, direct, and coordinate technical accounting research on matters related to operations in regards to U.S. GAAP, U.S. statutory, and IAS. This person will be responsible for researching the accounting implications of particular business matters.
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies, i.e. IASB (IFRS), FASB (U.S. GAAP), and NAIC (SSAP)
- Review, analysis, and documentations of proposed technical accounting standards and potential impact to the organization
- Provide technical accounting guidance and recommendations to senior management on specific matters or proposed transactions
- Participate in assessing, developing, and implementing accounting policies and procedures and financial controls across the Company, its segments, and business divisions
- Work with trade associations, interested parties, and others to develop accounting policy
- Responsible for preparation and review of periodic financial statements, including forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K, resulting in timely and accurate submission of the required filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”).
For immediate consideration, email your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 Or More Years Of Related Accounting or Insurance experience required
- Bachelors Degree Required
- BA/BS in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Seven or more years of significant related accounting research experience
- Project management experience
- Ability to lead and serve as a technical resource in a team environment
- Excellent written communication skills and report writing skills
- Good presentation skills
Insurance or financial services preferred